He makes you smile, he always looks out for you, he sometimes tells corny jokes, but you still giggle… because he’s your Dad. Since this weekend is Father’s Day, we thought we’d compile some of the best advice we’ve ever received from our own fathers and father figures:
- Money is the cheapest thing there is. What is valuable is your integrity, character and heart.
- Beauty comes from the heart. Focus on your heart, and not only will you continue to be beautiful, but your life and everyone in it will be beautiful as well.
- You have to love yourself and forgive yourself for past mistakes before you can love another.
- Work hard. Always work harder than the other guy.
- Pay attention to your gut feelings. No matter how good something looks, if it doesn't feel right... walk away.
- You can be or do anything you put your mind to.
- Be with someone who brings out the best in you, not the stress in you.
- When taking your car to the shop for regular maintenance, tell them you only need an oil change. If they ask you to do anything else, say “No, my dad will take care of it.”
Dad’s the man.
(Photo Credit: anieto2k)